Office is not communicating with pdfMachine
If you are experiencing one of the following problems with pdfMachine or pdfMachine merge :
Problem : mapi.dll fails to load
"mapi.dll failed to load"
Problem : pdfMachine merge fails with one of the following errors :
Failed Connection with Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer
Could not click pdfMachine addin print button
Interface not registered
Problem : pdfMachine merge error :
During a pdfMachine merge documents, PDF files are not produced and the following error occurs
error: Could not attach File : .... System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ...
Microsoft Office is not communicating with pdfMachine. Follow the steps in the order below to resolve this.
pdfMachine and pdfMachine merge users
- Repair or Reinstall Microsoft Office
- Reinstall pdfMachine as an Administrator, make sure you have the Office addin checkbox checked.
- Confirm that the office addin is working by creating a simple Word document and using the pdfMachine office addin, create a PDF
- If you can't see the addin it may be your configuration of Office. Word has a few settings you need to adjust to allow add-ins. Microsoft describes some of the steps you need to take to see your Office Add-Ins here.
pdfMachine merge users (make sure you have performed the steps above first)
- Reinstall pdfMachine merge
- Run one of the sample profiles provided that uses Office, eg "Test Profile - Word Template". You can run in test mode.